Re: 3.1.9 completion problems: automounter

On Sep 11, 10:36am, E. Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
} Subject: 3.1.9 completion problems: automounter
}
} I'd like to know whether there is a way to get zsh to try to access
} /home/sysadmin before deciding that there are no completions that
} start from it.

Hmm.  I've just been playing with zsh on a machine at work that has an
automounted directory, and I can't reproduce the behavior you described.
If I type

zsh% ls /host/hostname<TAB>

I get a feep.  But if instead I type

zsh% ls /host/hostname/<TAB>

with the trailing slash, the mount happens and I get completions.  This
happens both with and without the new completion system loaded.  With
old-style completion, I get the following strace output, starting from
the point at which the TAB I typed is read:

read(10, "\t", 1)                       = 1
fcntl(0, F_DUPFD, 10)                   = 11
close(0)                                = 0
access("/bin/ls", X_OK)                 = 0
stat("/bin/ls", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=43024, ...}) = 0
open("/misc/moonbase/", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_DIRECTORY) = 0
fstat(0, {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=1024, ...}) = 0

So zsh *does* try to access the directory before deciding that it does
not exist.  Does open("/home/sysadmin/", ...) fail on your system?