Re: more tcsh-like history-search capability

>   > By default, zsh's history-search functions look through history for
>   > lines whose first word starts with the first word on the command line.
>   > I prefer to search for commands that start with the string before the
>   > cursor.
>
>   So do I.  And zsh even has these built-in:
>
>       history-beginning-search-backward
>       history-beginning-search-forward
>
>   :)

Wow.  It does *exactly* what my code does.  I even looked for
something in the documentation but I guess I missed it.  Oh well --
yet another wheel reinvention.  Thanks for bringing this to my
attention. :-)

At least my reinvented wheel was still round. :-)

                                Jay