Re: "rehash" each time a new program is installed?

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 10:20:17AM +0100,
Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]
> Thomas Koehler wrote:

> > % zsh -f
> > picard% fignore=3D( .bak )
> > picard% touch test1 test1.bak
> > picard% autoload -U compinit
> > picard% compinit
> > picard% ls test1.<TAB>
> >   -> leads to
> >   picard% ls test1.bak
> >
> > Ah, here's the problem: complete-word! expand-or-complete works fine!
> > Why is this the case?
>
> For me it works with both bindings. Old version?

Uhm, strange... Can't reproduce that complete-word is at fault. Perhaps
I've just concluded that too fast because it worked for me with
expand-or-complete, and missed that line
     % zstyle ':completion:*' completer _expand _complete
when looking at the differences... Sorry for any confusion this may have
produced.

> Bye
>  Sven

CU,