Re: Completing within colon separated paths

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> writes:

 > > Is there a way to have TAB complete '/usr/local' from the X (marking cursor
 > > position) in the following:
 > >
 > >   $ .:/home/jsc/bin:/usr/locX:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/java/jdk1.3/bin
 >
 > If you are using the new completion system, then it will work as long as
 > you are performing a parameter assignment (or it does for me).  So
 >
 > $ PATH=/foo/bar:...
 >
 > should perform completion correctly.  This is why it works in vared --- the
 > context is treated similarly to a parameter assignment.

OK, thanks for the explanation, and it works for me too when doing an
assignment.  But I do also sometimes want it to perform completion correctly
when completing a colon separated path on a cmd line (e.g., the -classpath
argument to java or jview).  Any way to force the same behavior in this
situation?

 > (You still need expand-or-complete-prefix --- I don't know if it's to be
 > considered a bug that the colon before is used as a word separator while the
 > one after isn't.)

I've just noticed that using `setopt completeinword' seems to allow me to
complete using TAB rather than expand-or-complete-prefix.

    --- John