Re: compinit quirk

On Apr 6,  4:17pm, Scott Smedley wrote:
} Subject: Re: compinit quirk
}
} The '-i' option just silently suppresses the following:
}
} There are insecure directories and files, use them anyway [ny]? y
}
} Regardless of whether I answer y or n, it will not load the
} completion system.

That was a bug; it's been fixed in the development versions for quite
some while now.  I was going to recommend installing 4.0.1-pre-2, but
I can't find a tarball of that anywhere, so you'd have to get it with
CVS from cvs.zsh.sourceforge.net.