zsh-3.1.9 dumping core

Dear all,

I'm currently using zsh-3.1.9 on
Linux 2.2.14-5.0smp #1 SMP Tue Mar 7 21:01:40 EST 2000 i686 unknown
Redhat 6.2

I compiled and installed zsh-3.1.9 no problem and have been using it for
quite a while. From time to time when I hit "tab" to complete a filename
in a directory zsh would dump core. I don't know under what circumstances
it happens. It doesn't happen when there's a lot of files around. Some
times even 10-20 file would cause a problem. I'm afraid that's as much
information as I have right now. I can't seem to pinpoint when exactly it
happens.

Is it time to try zsh-4.0.1?

I'm not sure if this is a known problem. I tried to search through the
mailing list a bit but have not found any reports as such. I'd appreciate
any help.

Cheers,

Fei