Re: More about ksh_glob and completion

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Fortunately (and somewhat embarrassingly) I'm completely (ahem) wrong about
> the above.  Pre-compilation of glob patterns is not broken by kshglob; I
> had tried it outside the completion system and thought I'd verified it, but
> I must have done something wrong (perhaps I typed `unset' for `unsetopt')
> because today I can't reproduce it.

Yes, patterns are not pre-compiled, they are cached (under certain
circumstances, e.g. they must not contain parameter expansions).

Actually, I once thought about pre-compiling them, then had a look at
the pattern code, was reminded of the options controlling pattern
matching and...

> And further, the completion system didn't turn off kshglob.  It should.  See
> if this doesn't fix you up, Andre.

We should have remembered it when we put NO_shglob in the array...

Bye
  Sven