RE: inet_{a,p}ton prototypes in Src/Modules/zftp.pro

> On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 02:56:19PM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > I don't have access to Solaris 7 documentation, and everything on-line
> > at sun.com is already Solaris 8 (and remarkably uninformative).  What
> > librar(y|ies) (is|are) supposed to provide inet_aton() and inet_pton() ?
>
> Both socket and nsl, on all versions of Solaris as far back as I can
> remember.
>
> > For example, it may be necessary to add
> >
> >     AC_CHECK_LIB(socket, inet_pton)
> >                  ^^^^^^
> > 		 or nsl, or something
>
> There's already
> 	AC_SEARCH_LIBS(yp_all, nsl)
> earlier on from
> 	AC_CHECK_LIB(socket, socket)
> but switching those around doesn't seem to help me.

Please, do not swap them. It will break things here.

> I tried a few other things, but I know very little about autoconf,
> so haven't got it to work yet.
>
> One problem I do notice in my config.log is that all the tests link with
> -lnsl before -lsocket, which isn't the right way around.

Do you mean it is '-lnsl -lsocket'? Strange:

LIBS            = -lsocket -ldl -lnsl -ltermcap -lm -lg -lc

and our networking code is very similar to Solaris 7.

I'll try to find what I've done once for Solaris. I believe, this issue was
already raised.

-andrej