Re: DEC VT220 and zsh...

On May 19,  1:10am, Alan Third wrote:
}
} OK, I'm stumped. I got a DEC VT220, connected it to my internet
} gateway box and stuck a getty on it. Everything is fine until I try to
} run zsh, which doesn't seem to do anything.

The last time this came up, it was because "stuck a getty on it" really
meant "stuck an mgetty on it" -- and since the line is a terminal, not
a modem (the m in mgetty), zsh and mgetty clashed over the exclusive-open
on the tty device.

} I had to change my login shell to bash, which works happily. The only
} thing I wasn't expecting is that $TERM is "linux" rather than "vt220",
} could this be affecting zsh?

Not in the way you describe, but you probably want to change the getty
command line in /etc/inittab to provide the correct terminal type.