RE: AIX-problem: the main module won't link statically

> > >   I tried to compile zsh-4.0.1 w. AIX-4.3 (cc version 5), but the main
> > > library (/module?) libzsh-4.0.1.so doesn't get in the binary,
> and when I
> > > try to run it:
> > >
> > > Could not load program ./zsh:
> > >         Dependent module libzsh-4.0.1.so could not be loaded.
> > > Could not load module libzsh-4.0.1.so.
> > > Error was: No such file or directory
> > >

> > Have you installed it? Or, better, have you installed it in the same
> > location as specified when configuring ($prefix/lib/zsh)?
>
> I've tried it both installed, and just by running "make check"..

make check does not work in this case, known problem in 4.0.1. Should be
fixed in 4.0.2. "installed" you mean "make install"?

> Well, I compiled it for linux and Tru64-UNIX (I used the same
> config.modules for all architectures), and they didn't produce that
> library (it was linked statically, as configured..).

It depends on the system. Some systems need extra library some not. Try
'configure --disable-dynamic' to turn dynamic loading off.

> > I do not know AIX to decide if these warnings are harmful/harmless.
>
> Me neither.. maybe I should poke the guy here who does =)

Yes. AFAIK currently none of zsh developers works on AIX. Oliver, could you
comment on this?

-andrej