Re: [zsh 4.0.1 bug] filename completion

On 26 Jun, Andrej Borsenkow <Andrej.Borsenkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I suspect it is part of more general problem. I have a feeling that
> handling of exact match changed at some point near 4.0.1 release. Now zsh
> will prefer exact match in any context while before I got menu selection
> ... and I am sure none of my styles changed.

> E.g. I have /usr/lib{,64s}/netlib. Attempt to complete /u/l/n always
> completes /usr/lib/netlib. Styles are:

But in my case, where soft is a named directory and software is a normal
directory in the cwd, soft shouldn't be seen as an exact match.

And what do you call an exact match? I don't understand your example.
I would agree if you had typed "/u/lib/n". But I don't see why lib
should be priviledged. Because it is shorter than lib64s? But I don't
think this is a good idea.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des