Re: [4.0.2 bug] commands not written to history

On Jul 12,  1:58pm, Wayne Davison wrote:
}
} On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > And I hadn't realized that INC_APPEND_HISTORY
} > causes the elapsed-time to be lost from the entries
}
} Yeah.  My original patch wrote the commands out when they finished, but
} some folks were expecting the command to be present before it completed
} (when sharing the history among multiple shells), so I changed it.

It could write them beforehand with SHARE_HISTORY and afterwards with
only INC_APPEND_HISTORY.  But then the entries would be orded by the
end time rather than the start time in the latter case (not that it
should make any difference operationally).

Anyway, we still haven't managed to address Vincent's original complaint.