Re: error on TTY read: no such file or directory

In the gothic chambers of the underworld on Tue 11 Sep 2001 at 08:15 -0400,
Borsenkow Andrej muttered darkly:

> To all - PLEASE, indicate at least
>
> - your Zsh version
> - your operating system
> - for Linux - distribution, and/or glibc version. Most people tend to
> name kernel version but it hardly matters (in most cases).
> - anything else you deem approrpiate

zsh 4.0.2
linux kernel 2.4.7
glibc 2.2.3
util-linux-2.11h
shadow-20001016

i don't use a pre-packaged distro, so i suppose you can consider the
system to be generic gnu/linux.

> I had similar problem under Mandrake cooker with specific version of
> util-linux. The way login tried to "free" controlling terminal resulted
> in process having *no* controlling terminal. Ash did not care, bash
> tried to explicitly reopen stdin, zsh had problems. It looked different,
> but may be it is attributed to different zsh version (I do not remember
> what version I had at this time).

i use the login from the shadow package, so util-linux isn't the
problem. also, i have three other boxes with the exact config listed
above, and they work fine with zsh.

also, as i said, this problem happens *only* when i login as root, and
then only from a tty.

> Please, login on other console and check zsh processes if they have
> controlling tty.

they do.

t.

--
4.0k -rw-rw-r--    1 zork     zork       17 Apr 4 17:38 .signature