Re: can't find termcap info

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> When I use TERM=nettle, I get the following error:
>
> zsh: can't find termcap info for nettle
>
> though there is a "nettle" entry in my .termcap file and .terminfo
> directory. Where's the problem?

i don't understand this fully (perhaps bart or someone can give a more
depth explanation), but i believe that unless you specifically compile
zsh with ncurses (or have a version that was compiled to work with
ncurses) it uses some sort of system of its own.

you might try putting:
export TERMINFO=/etc/terminfo (or whatever your terminfo stuff is)
or
export TERMCAP=/etc/termcap (terminfo is better if it works)

you might also have to re-export $TERM - like:

if [ "$TERM" = "nettle" ]; then
	export TERM=nettle
fi

i'd mess around with $TERMCAP, $TERMINFO and $TERM and see what works
best.  i had a question about something similar a few weeks ago, so you
might check the recent archives for responses on the issue from those
wiser than i.

Sintax error in config file! (line 378)
aborted!

GPG Public Key: