Re: get the number of active jobs to show in the prompt?

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 15:43:13 +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> There's no option to get that behavior because, in general, regenerating
> the prompt might change too much of the editor state.  For example, what
> if you're editing at the secondary prompt (e.g., on the second or later
> line of a shell function or quoted string)?

I don't see the problem. Could you give an example?

> So the closest you could do is "setopt no_notify" so that job termination
> is only recognized/reported immediately before printing the prompt.

No, I want job termination to be reported immediately.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des