Re: Problems with modules and zsh 4.0.4

On 2001-10-30 at 14:50 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> But when I rlog to this machine, I get errors like:
>
> /users/spaces/lefevre/.zshrc:54: failed to load module: zsh/rlimits
> /users/spaces/lefevre/.zshrc:limit:54: autoload failed
> /users/spaces/lefevre/.zshrc:104: failed to load module: zsh/parameter
> /users/spaces/lefevre/.zshrc:305: failed to load module: zsh/zle
> /users/spaces/lefevre/.zshrc:bindkey:305: autoload failed
> /users/spaces/lefevre/.zshrc:306: command not found: bindkey
> /users/spaces/lefevre/.zshrc:307: command not found: bindkey
> [...]
>
> However, if I exec $SHELL after rlogging, I no longer get such
> problems. With zsh 4.0.2, there were no problems at all.

What happens if you add this:
 typeset -m ZSH*
 typeset module_path
before the first autoload?

Ie, what does it show for ZSH_VERSION at that point?  What's the
module_path?

It sounds as though you're trying to load the old versions of the
modules; then, later, the paths are changed and with the exec, the
correct modules can be found.
--
I AM THE DEFENDER OF THE SOMETIMES-INEFFICIENT.
FEAR MY CAREFULLY WORDED AND REASONED WRATH.