Re: confusing completion behavior

On 2002-01-29 at 11:23 -0800, David Thiel wrote:
> Just curious, zsh seems to be doing something wierd:
>
> cd /usr/ports/x11/bb<tab>
>
> results in a line looking like
>
> cd /usr/ports/x11-/bb
>
> No files starting with bb exist in x11.
>
> Is this normal?

This looks like FreeBSD.

When I tab for cd into "/usr/ports/x11" I get prompted with:
x11/           x11-fm/        x11-servers/   x11-wm/
x11-clocks/    x11-fonts/     x11-toolkits/

and I see:
% print -l /usr/ports/x11-*/bb*
/usr/ports/x11-clocks/bbdate
/usr/ports/x11-wm/bbkeys
/usr/ports/x11-wm/bbpager

So what completion do you have set up for cd?  A form which will
backtrack to try and handle spelling mistakes?
--
"Ask not what your country can force other people to do for you..."