Re: Rough Draft of Article on Writing Completion Functions

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 11:56:15AM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
=> Joakim Ryden wrote:
=> > isn't this the constant tech (user) problem? when was the last time you
=> > heard a user ask The Right Question[tm]? kind of a chicken/egg thing;
=> > the techie can't read the user's mind and the user doesn't know how to
=> > formulate his questionsi/comments.
=>
=> Yes, indeed, although what usually happens is the user finds out
=> eventually, somehow, what they wanted to know right at the start but
=> didn't.  At this point they are in a good position to say how this
=> information should have been passed on.  Unfortunately the relief at
=> finding out what they needed to know is usually such that they don't.
=> Well, I often don't.

so what we'll all have to do is start our zsh sessions with script(1)
and set up cronjobs to mail peter at the end of the day. ok, that was
funnier in my head than typing it out. will shut up and go to bed now.
:)

keep up the good work peter and thanks for the user's guide as we know
it today.

--Jo