Re: make completion on OpenBSD

> One possible difference is that awk is definitely
> GNU awk on RedHat, but
> it may be something else on OpenBSD.

Yes, OpenBSD has awk derivate from 4.4BSD, gawk is a
seperate package. (gawk is about 200k, awk 100k!)

Anyway, I've made some silly mistake, now it seems
that following works on Linuxes too, after all:

compctl -s "$(awk '/^[a-zA-Z0-9][^\/ \t]+:/ {print
$1}' FS=: [Mm]akefile)" -x 'c[-1,-f]' -f --
{,g,gnu,p,v}make

(So backslashes not needed before $'s. Why backslashes
do not work with BSD awk is a mystery.)

Sorry for wasting everyones time here.

> In any event, since you're using zsh-4.0.4, why not
> abandon your compctl
> entirely and enable the newer completion system?  It
> includes a very
> detailed "make" completion.

I would love to do that, but I have about 50 compctl
rules for which I've spent countless hours and some of
those behave different than the newer completion
system defaults. I haven't found a way to use the
newer system and override some of those rules with my
own compctl rules. Maybe I should "port" my compctl
rules to compsys rules (I presume they can be override
system defaults?), but it takes time if it cannot be
automated.

Thanks.