From: "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Valery Kobrin" <vkobrin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: need to read (to debug) zsh.core
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 05:47:27 +0000

On Aug 11,  9:11pm, Valery Kobrin wrote:
}
} I need to debug zsh crashes, which leave zsh.core, but gdb and dbx
} don't understand it. I hope there is some way to use zsh.core,
} otherwise - what for it would be dumped. Let me, please, what way
} it is.

The core files should be readable by gdb or dbx.  However, by default
zsh is compiled using optimization and with debugging symbols stripped,
so there won't be very much useful information in the core file unless
you built zsh with "configure --enable-zsh-debug".

What does `file zsh.core` say?