Re: completion for dotdirs/symlinks to directories

On 2002-08-28 at 13:13 +0200, I wrote:
> How about:
>  compctl -g '*~CVS(D-/)' cd chdir dirs pushd
>
> Anything except CVS, and then modifier flags.
> Works here (4.0.2/OpenBSD).

I finally got around to actually using this properly for myself, and
very quickly found a flaw.  When excluding, it only matches _exactly_
the path "CVS" in the current directory.  If you have a larger CVS tree,
then CVS entries in that can be matched.

Try:
 compctl -g '*~(*/)#CVS(D-/)' cd chdir dirs pushd

Which excludes: zero-or-more sequences of "*/", followed by "CVS".

Stunning how quickly the flaw in the original becomes noticeable when
you're migrating to a new CVS server and only have one project, nested
deeply, checked out.  ;^)  Now, three tabs and I'm there.
--
I'm reasonably sure that I slept last night because I think that I woke up
two or three times.  Why am I a sysadmin?