Re: How come this list gets so many goddamn viruses!?

In the last episode (Sep 19), Hall Jeffrey S NPRI said:
> Is there anything that can be done to stop this plaque of viruses?
> I'm on the verge of unsubscribing to this list.

I find it amazing that so many people subscribed to a list dedicated to
a Unix shell use Outlook :)  (and don't run a virus scanner)

The following procmail rule will filter out klez, based on its size,
the fact that there's always an audio or application/octet-stream
attachment, always has an html page with an iframe, and has mangled
MIME headers.

:0 Bh
* > 50000
* ^Content-Type:[ 	]*(audio/x-|application)
* 1^0 ()<i?frame[ 	]*src=(3d)?cid:
* 1^0 ^--[^ ]+$$Content-
virus

[ 	] is a bracket, a space, and a tab, in case you're
cut'n'pasting.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx