Installed zsh 4.0.6 and now cursor keys don't work fully

Hi,

I have just installed zsh4.0.6 on to an HP machine, and now the cursor
keys function differently. I used to be able to scroll though the
history buffer, This still happens, but each recalled command is put
onto the end of the previously recalled command line in the history
buffer. ie it looks like this

ls -lals    cd /users2/gnu2

where as there should be 3 separate commands ls, ls -la,cd /users2/gnu2

Is there a simple fix ?

I was running  3.1.9  before I changed up to 4.0.6

Also the backspace key functions differently, as it is used, it will go
forward but only the same amount of characters that have been typed on
the command line, ie if I type ddd it will go forward 3 spaces and then
stop, if I type a further ddd it will go forward another 3 spaces (as I
press the backspace key) and then stop again.

V Strange.

--
Stephen M Kitchener
Unix Systems Administrator EMEA APAC

AspenTech UK
1 Century Court,
Tolpits Lane,
Watford, Herts,
WD18 9PT

TEL       +44 (0) 1923 652125
FAX       +44 (0) 1923 652215
EMAIL   steve.kitchener@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
WEB     http://www.aspentech.com

Aspenworld 2002
the premier global conference for process industry leaders
October 27 - November 1, 2002
Register at http://www.aspenworld2002.com

Contact

For assistance, please contact Kristine Martin
mailto:kristine.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx