Re: case matching to element in array?

On Dec 5,  2:18pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: case matching to element in array?
}
} I worked out why I got confused before:  the canonical form is
}
}                   (${(j:|:)~fred_list})
}
} and I was putting the ~ before the (j:|:), which is why it wasn't
} working.

Is there some reason why putting the tilde INSIDE the parens could not
be made to work as well?

    ${(j:|:~)fred_list} == ${(~j:|:)fred_list} == ${(j:|:)~fred_list}