terminfo, cygwin troubles

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with the $TERMINFO variable.
I've set the variable according to 'man terminfo'.
But zsh doesn't seem to check my $TERMINFO for the
required descriptors.  Am I missing something?  I know
that it's set correctly since 'man' works correctly
when $TERMINFO is set, but fails when it's not set.

On another note, doing 'ls -F' is really slow on
cygwin.     The zsh completion mechanism seems to do
something very similar to this.  How can I just get
normal menu completion listings without helpful little
symbol suffixes?

On yet another separate note, I have completion set up
to complete file types for specific programs with
little primitive completion scripts like this one:

<file name="_mp3">
#compdef id3cp id3info mp3Reencode mp3Group

local expl
_description files expl 'mp3s'
_files "$expl[@]" -g '*.mp3'
</file>

However this narrows the list too much.  I need any
mp3s or directories, with the mp3s sorted first.  How
would I accomplish this?  (I think this should be
trivial, bit I've never been able to figure it out.)

Thanks in advance.

--
Le