Re: terminfo, cygwin troubles

--- Le Wang <lewang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Le Wang wrote:
>
> > You will need to restart the shell after setting
> > TERMINFO, since the
> > shell only examines it when starting up ---
> > thereafter, it recognises
> > changes to the terminal type, but not to the
> > location of the terminal
> > database.  Test that this works by starting a
> > subshell after setting the
> > variable.  If it does work, you could set it in
> the
> > Windows `environment
> > variables' dialogue which on XP at least is in the
> > `Advanced' tab of the
> > system properties.  (I haven't actually tried
> this.)
>
> I should clarify my problem.  It works fine in
> windows, and I run rxvt like so:
> "C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -tn rxvt-cygwin-native -e
> zsh
> --login -i".
>
> However when I ssh into a Linux box, the
> 'rxvt-cygwin-native' descriptor is only in
> $TERMINFO,
> and I can't get ZSH to look in there to get it.  I
> set
> $TERMINFO in ~/.zshenv, so it might be too late.  I
> don't know how I can tell ssh to set it before
> Zsh...

Okay, I've unset the TERMINFO variable and symlinked
my terminfo directory to ~/.terminfo.  But Zsh still
won't look in there...

Here is another thought: maybe Zsh can be changed to
delay loading the terminfo descriptor until it has to
display something?  This way TERMINFO can be set as
the first thing in ~/.zshenv.  Regardless, ~/.terminfo
should be searched, no?

--
Le