Re: Subscribers only

 --- Joakim Ryden <jryden@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > John
I'm
> merely suggesting that
> people might have more creative ideas for how to
> provide that support than
> having their inboxes filled with SPAM and viruses.
> But then I could be
> wrong of course. :)

Are open/closed our only options?  I've heard talk of
a confirmation process for non-subscribers.  That
sounds very interesting.

In an ideal world a non-subscriber would get something
like this when he posts:

<fakeMessage>
Hi <name>,

Thanks for your interest in our list.  We welcome and
value your input.  If you use ZSh often, we suggest
you subscribe (see below) to our list to maximize your
enjoyment of the "ZSh" experience.

You have four options to proceed with your post:

1.  Do nothing.  And your post will be cancelled.

2.  Click <link name="here"/> to proceed with your
post and subscribe to our list.

3.  Click <link name="here"/> to proceed with your
post and receive responses to this thread (or
subthread) for the next 7 days.

4.  Click <link name="here"/> to proceed with your
post  and do nothing else.

Thanks,
<link name="zsh-users"> Maintainers

</fakeMessage>

Would something like this be too difficult to
implement?

--
Le