Build problems, solution?

I was trying to build zsh-4.0.6 on Solaris 8 on Intel. configure seems to
work fine but make spits this out:

sh: Src: does not exist
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

I've tracked it down to this section in the Makefile:

# default target
all: config.h
        @for subdir in Src Doc; do \
          (cd $$subdir && $(MAKE) $(MAKEDEFS) $@) || exit 1; \
        done

Obviously, my /bin/sh is borked. Since I have bash installed, I came up with
a workaround (I'd love to here of a better one!)

edit the "SHELL = /bin/sh" line in Config/defs.mk to
SHELL = /usr/bin/bash

Go to the toplevel and run "make SHELL=/usr/bin/bash"

Incidentally, the line that breaks can be fixed by doing this:

          (cd ./$$subdir && $(MAKE) $(MAKEDEFS) $@) || exit 1; \

But you'd need to do that for every cd in every makefile.