ClearCase version-extended filename completion

Hello zsh-users,

Version-extended file names in ClearCase (e.g.,
"foo.c@@/main/1") complete correctly (Type "foo.c@@/"
and press tab) only while using old-style completion.
No completions are displayed once you activate new
style completions by calling "compinit."  I understand
from earlier threads* that this can be fixed by some
changes to the "_files" function, but haven't been
able to figure out the changes required.  Has anyone
already done this or can explain to me what needs to
be done?

Thanks a lot,
harik

* http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2001/msg00678.html, http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2000/msg00457.html