Re: Small Completion Problem

Hi,

I'm a subscriber, no need to send the mail twice.

* Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2003-03-24 14:47]:
>Thorsten Haude wrote:
>> I have an alias 'n' on the NEdit client which is use very often. After
>> running compinit however, filenames are no longer completed. Is there
>> an option for compinit to change this behavior?
>
>No, it should work (does for me though I name the alias 'nedit'). What
>version of zsh are you running? Do you have the complete_aliases option
>unset? What does it complete after n -<tab> It should give you nc options
>but if you get options for netcat, then there is something wrong.

$ZSH_VERSION is 4.0.4

'n -\t' definitely looks like Netcat.

I now see what could be the problem (but have no solution): Debian
renames the client to nedit-nc, which completes as expected. However,
I always roll my own NEdits, and these are called 'nc' (and aliased to
'n').

I now looked around a bit (never expected that NEdit is supported
(should have remembered that you are using it)) and found
.../Completion/X/_nedit, which is Greek to me. What could I do to get
the completion I want, if I don't care what happens to Netcat?

Thanks in advance!

Thorsten
--
The history of Liberty is a history of the limitation of government power.
    - Woodrow Wilson