Re: Perl completion

dom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

> On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 03:02:06PM +0100, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
>> I've just noticed in _perl that it only completes *.p[ml].

Which is actually wrong, I think.

.pm files are Perl modules and shouldn't be directly executed, although
that would be valid after -c to check the syntax.

.pl files are officially Perl libraries, and again they shouldn't be
directly executed.  Many people do use .pl as an extension for Perl
programs, though if an extension is required, .plx is recommended.

Many people don't use an extension at all.  Some standard Perl programs
have other extensions such as .t (tests) or .PL (often used in build
processes).

It seems to me that it would be better not to pay any heed to the extension.

--
Paul Johnson - paul@xxxxxxxx
http://www.pjcj.net