Re: Application

In the last episode (Jun 25), Will Yardley said:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 04:10:52PM +0000, maureens@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Please see the attached zip file for details.
>
> Crapload of these today. While the filtering seemed to be working for
> a while, I still think that closing the list to offlist subscribers
> and / or requiring confirmation à la TMDA for non-subscribers is a
> good idea...
>
> I know it's been said before, but I find that the spam and viruses I
> get through this list almost exceed the useful information I get from
> it. Most technical lists these days require subscription, and while
> this may be problematic for some, I think the benefits outweigh the
> drawbacks.

This list is the only one I'm subscribed to that has gotten flooded
with these Sobig viruses, and I don't think any of them require
subscription to post.  I don't know if that means the other lists have
virus filters, or that they just aren't popular enough to be in many
Outlook users' mailboxes :)

Putting even TMDA on a help list is going to discourage people from
posting.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx