Re: Is this an orthodox use of zstyle?

On Oct 15, 11:54am, DervishD wrote:
}
}     A last point: maybe I'm missing something, but I think that the
} entire zstyle thing can be done with parameters (with exception of
} the -e option, maybe).

Yes, you could write "zstyle" as a shell function.  There are a number
of parts of the completion system that could be written as functions,
but that were coded (or re-coded) in C for speed.

I think the caching utility (_store_cache, etc.) would be the next
candidate for that sort of conversion ... there's something else you
could use to store state, by the way.  Even slower than styles, but
sharable across multiple shells.