Re: Finding empty directories

    Hi Bart :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> }  * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> } > [My ISP had a "latency problem" (their words)
> }     Sorry :((( I've had problems with email, too, and its *very*
> } annoying...
> Even more annoying is that my DSL was unable to renew its DHCP token
> for about 12 straight hours beginning late yesterday afternoon.

    8-Oooo Yes, it's even more annoying :((

> } > 	dirname(N-/l2)
> }     I tried that too, but it doesn't work, because under Linux,
> } directories with just files on them seems to have only two links :(
> Oh, of course; silly me.  Yes, that's standard for a unix FS.

    I remember to have read that an empty directory has just two
links in some Unix book in the past :???

> } > What do you mean by "just have a file listing"?
> }     A generated list of files in a file, for example, which I must
> } examine entry by entry.
>     print ${^$(<filelist)}(N-@)
> would work, I think ...

    Yes, it works, my problem was not that. I process the list
file-per-file, and I thought that you couldn't use glob modifiers if
the filename didn't have any glob metachar in it ;) Now that I know
that I can do it, processing is very easy ;))

    Thanks a lot ;)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736