Re: Completion function for bitkeeper?

Danek Duvall wrote:

> If someone can explain me out of my confusion in the first big comment,
> that'd be really nice, but what I have appears to work.

> 	# If _sccsfiles is called from one of the _sccs_* functions, then
> 	# it'll have some compadd options added after the first word, so
> 	# the positional parameters are not all "ours".
> 	#
> 	# One option is to precede the call to _sccsfiles in the optspec's
> 	# action with a space, which prevents these extra parameters from
> 	# being passed in.  Ugh.  See the documentation for _arguments in
> 	# zshcompsys(1), where it talks about action starting with a space.
> 	#
> 	# Instead, remove the first few arguments if they match $expl.  Why
> 	# they're passed in both places I don't know (and this may be a
> 	# bug).
>
> 	while [[ -n "$1" && "$1" == "$expl[i]" ]]; do
> 		shift
> 		((++i))
> 	done
>
> 	[[ "$1" == "-e" ]] && sfile="SCCS/p."

Try using zparseopts to find and remove that -e option instead:
  zparseopts -D -E e=eopt
  [[ -n $eopt ]] && sfile="SCCS/p."

Looking inside expl is not a good idea as the array name expl is purely
a convention.

The other thing you can do is use a `-' in the _sccs_* functions from
which you call _sccsfiles. e.g:
  _wanted files expl 'sccs file' _sccsfiles -e -

It will then put compadd options after the `-e'. The main use of that
however is when you have "$@" among the arguments and want any
description in it to take precedence over the new one.

Oliver