Why doesn't cd ignore files when you type say "cd fred*"

Hi Y'All

Why doesn't cd ignore files when you type say "cd fred*" and there
exists a file frederick.txt and a directory frederick ??

I guess it's becauses the FNG handling  fred* doesn't know that it's
output is to be passed to cd .

But can clever zsh be configued to avoid this behaviour.

Could I tell cd to ignore files ending say .html,.txt etc

zzapper
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips