Re: No newline, no print.

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:52:13 +0100, Jean Chalard
<jean.chalard@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> When I print something to stdout that doesn't have a newline at the end,
>> Z-Shell refuses to print it. Note the following Perl program:
>>
>>     print "My name is Bob.\n";
>
>setopt no_prompt_cr
>
>But you could as well have read the mailing list archive.
>(This one comes up pretty often)

I'd STRONGLY recommend that u set "setopt no_prompt_cr" this in your
.zshrc tout de suite if you're a Perl Programmer

zzapper (vim & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips