Re: Interactive program in Zsh

    Hi Pierre :)

 * Pierre HABOUZIT <pierre.habouzit@xxxxxxx> dixit:
> >     I don't know if this is the proper approach for what I need to
> > do: the user is limited to use up arrow and down arrow for travelling
> > into the list of options (maybe pg-up and pg-down for scrolling) and
> > 'enter' to select the highlighted option. The program must process a
> > text, present a list of options containing the text that matched
> > certain regex and allow the user to choose one of the options.
> why don't you use dialog for that ?
> I may be wrong, but i think it already implements all what you need

    AFAIK, dialog won't be able to do the processing, so I will end up
doing an script using sed, grep or awk to do the processing and
dialog (is not called cdialog nowadays?) for the user to choose the
options and run a program on them. I prefer to do all of it in an
script, although dialog will do the option-choosing part easily.

    Thanks for pointing, anyway :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736