Re: Interactive program in Zsh

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, DervishD wrote:

>  * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> > Or you could stuff the list of options into the history with "print -s"
> > and then use "vared -h"
>
>     Nice, but very complex if I need to modify the whole keymap.

No, you just create a new empty keymap, insert only the bindings you want
to allow, and swap it in.  I _think_ it's possible to replace the map used
by vared that way ...

> For me would be easy to do the 'print -s', but instead of the list I
> will print into the history the command to run the chosen option
> followed by each option.

You've lost me, I fear.  Why would you need to do that?  Vared is going
to assign the selected value to a variable, not run it as a command.