Re: zsh completion of just latex files

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, zzapper wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, do I have 2 choose between the two methods of
> completion compsys and compctl, can I mix them, do I have to activate
> one or the other?

You have to activate compsys (by calling "compinit" from your ~/.zshrc) in
order to use it; the default is compctl.

Once activated, compsys can be told to fall back on compctl for anything
that it's not able to handle, but there is no way to have compctl tried
first and then fall back on compsys.

(I believe the compsys fallback to compctl happens without any need for
special intervention, that is, you have to set a style to turn it _off_.
The style name is "use-compctl".)

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, zzapper wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:59:30 +0100,  wrote:
>
> >>zstyle ':completion:*:*:vtex:*' file-patterns \
> >>	'*.tex:tex-files' '*.toc:toc-files *.dvi:dvi-files' '%p:all-files'
> >>
> to be more specifc the above method didn't work for while the "old"
> method from Sartoo worked just fine

I suspect that means you've not called "compinit".

	autoload -U compinit
	compinit