Re: Coloring completions

    Hi Bart :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> >     Hey, that's weird :((( I'm testing again completion and *all*
> > colorable files are colored *except* directories
> unsetopt markdirs

    Oh, my... Thanks, Bart, you're great :)

> When markdirs is set, the expansion of the glob appends a trailing slash
> to the file name, and thus the coloring code no longer recognizes it as
> being a string match for the actual directory name.

    Why it doesn't happen with executable names (which has an
asterisk added) or other kind of files? I mean, why 'listtypes'
doesn't have the same effect?

> (When you're using default completion the file expansion is all done in
> the internals and markdirs is ignored.)

    But the same is not applicable to 'listtypes'. Doesn't seem that
weird?

> You might want to take a look at the value assigned to the _comp_options
> array in compinit, and the subsequent _comp_setup assignment.  One of
> the first things _main_complete does is to eval that setup string.

    Yes, I've took a look at it: very clever and useful :)) Thanks a
lot, Bart, as always :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736