[: Re: ssh scp completion] sorry wrong key pressed :/

----- Forwarded message from  -----

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:02:09 +0200
To: Laurent Rineau <rineau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ssh scp completion

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 05:05:48PM +0200, Laurent Rineau wrote:
> You can set up directly the style hosts:
>
> zstyle ':completion:*:*:*' hosts foo bar
>
> or use something like what I have in my .zshrc:
>
> [ -f ~/.ssh/config ] && : ${(A)ssh_config_hosts:=${${${${(@M)${(f)"$(<~/.ssh/config)"}:#Host *}#Host }:#*\**}:#*\?*}}
> zstyle ':completion:*:*:*' hosts $ssh_config_hosts $ssh_known_hosts

yes that's exactly what i was searching for. but i'd like at some point
to be able to write stuff like this myself :).

some explanation of this stuff would be more of what i thought, because
from what i found out by now it's not only expansion there's a lot of
stuff going on there.

and another question: why is it that i dont simply use some grep/awk
combination? seems to be much more human readable.

thx
martin