Re: scp and globbing in zsh

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 06:05:06PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Zsh is set by default to report an error when any pattern match fails.
> You probably want to pass through any unrecognised patterns to the
> command.  You can do that with:
>
> setopt nonomatch

That does have the consequence of not telling you when you actually
mistype a local match pattern.  I prefer to leave nomatch set and to
manually quote wildcards that need to be expanded remotely.  You'd
either use quotes or a backslash, like this:

$ scp someserver:tmp/\*.txt .

(Note that the leading "~/" isn't needed since ssh defaults to being in
your home directory.)  Just my 2 cents.

..wayne..