Diifficult to spot trap?

Hi,
I was writing a string parsing shell script, which now and again broke. Turned out that some of the
strings were getting double quoted eg """fred""", (because I wasn't filtering properly), any way the
shell error message didn't/couldn't show this I was doing a cd "somestring" it just said

chdir:9: no such file or directory: /c/inetpub/wwwdev/de...

I presume the error message manages quotes in it's own way. Anyway it was a piglet to debug. Just
thought I'd let others know of this kind of trap

zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s%s*%CyrnfrTfcbafbeROenzSZbbyranne%|:%s)[R-T]) )Ig|:norm G1VGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips