Re: matching all files which do not have a dot in filename

    Hi Bart :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> > First I thought of this: **/*~*.* - but that doesn't work since it
> > includes sub-directories which I dont want to get matched. So I tried
> > **/*(.)~*.* to just match files - but zsh says that doesn't work.
> Did you try **/*~*.*(.) ?  I think you have the glob qualifier in the
> wrong place.  However, that will omit all files underneath directories
> with dots in the directory name, which may not be what you meant.

    And, how about **/(*~*.*)(.)? I've tested here with subdirs
having dots in their names and _seems_ to work...

> > With EXTENDED_GLOB set: [^.]#
> Or **/[^.]#(.) for all such plain files in the tree.

    Shorter and simpler ;)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736