Re: completion within word

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:55:11 +0200 Thomas Köhler
<jean-luc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Matthias B. wrote:
> > What do I have to do to get
> >
> > PATH=$PATH:/bi<TAB>
> >
> > to complete the "/bi" to /bin"
>
> Add this to your .zshrc:
> autoload -U compinit
> compinit

Okay, I've tried it for a while and I'm not happy with it. I have the same
problems with it as with the bash programmable completion project. Little
annoyances everywhere such as "svn import k<TAB>" refusing to complete on
files in the current directory and there's also the complexity. I feel
uneasy about using the completion code as root, because it touches lots of
files behind my back.

So I'm going to live with basic builtin completion. Any chances of getting
the above completion to work with it? If not, I'd be grateful for pointers
into the zsh code so that I can see if I can fix it myself.

MSB

--
The real art of conversation
is not only to say the right thing at the right time,