Re: Newbie zsh setup warts (history, pipes, export, ...).

Incoming from Wayne Davison:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 06:11:16PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > You need "setopt HIST_IGNORE_DUPS" to get the
> > zsh equivalent.  But if history ignores dups, then this ...
>
> You're thinking of HIST_IGNORE_ALL_DUPS.  Setting HIST_IGNORE_DUPS just

Thanks to you all for the help.  It's remarkable how painless the
transition has been so far; everything just works.  I expected a lot
more gotchas in the process of swapping out something as fundamental
as a login shell.  Kudos to the developers.  :-)

Now, I'm hoping to sort out the difference in backgrounded jobs.
Specifically I can't say "sync & exit" anymore, or "startx & exit"
either.  Is this what "&!" is for?  I tried "nohup startx & exit"
yesterday and that seemed to just instantly kill the startx process.

I also need a little administrative help; are there any procmail users
on the list, and what do you use to tame zsh-users?  Here's what I've
come up with so far:

   # zsh-users
   #
   :0