Re: compsys issues

    Hi Oliver :)

 * Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> >     # expand-or-complete is currently bound to <TAB>
> >     zle -C expand-or-complete expand-or-complete _completer
> >
> >     function _completer () {
> >
> >         compstate[insert]=${compstate[insert]//tab /}
> >
> >         compadd -f - $PREFIX*(/)
> I realise that it is there to get any preceding directory portion but
> you're overriding the internal matching by starting the pattern match
> with $PREFIX. I'd use something like ${(M)PREFIX##*/} instead.

    OK, but that doesn't solve the problem I explained below. And I
assumed that I must use $PREFIX :? I don't understand why I must
remove the last path element from PREFIX :?

> >     Let's say I pick 'Projects' and hit tab again. Now I'm presented
> > with this:
> >
> >     $ cd Projects/<TAB>
> >
> >     Projects/mta/ Projects/zsh-things/ Projects/more/
> >
> >     But what I want is to be presented with:
> >
> >     $ cd Projects/<TAB>
> >
> >     mta/ zsh-things/ more/
> For that, you need to use compset -P '*/' to move the initial directory
> portions to $IPREFIX so they are not part of matching.

    Done, but then I'm presented the same list again and again:

    $ cd Projects/<TAB>

    Projects Work ...

    I see, I need more tweaking. I'll keep on reading...

> >     I've tried tweaking IPREFIX and PREFIX (with and without the help
> > from compset), I've tried generating the list of matches before
> You need to tweak the compadd command too. After compset, any initial
> directory portion will be in $IPREFIX instead of $PREFIX. That will
> include a trailing slash so you can do $IPREFIX*(/) to get the files.

    First error I made, then. I did something like this:

    compset -P '*/'
    compadd -f - $IPREFIX$PREFIX*(/)

> That will now try to add stuff like `Projects/more' as a match when
> `Projects/' is in IPREFIX. You don't want to include the stuff in
> $IPREFIX in the possible matches so you can use the :t modifier to get
> just the filenames as matches: $IPREFIX*(/:t)

    I tried to do something like that but it didn't work. I don't
know what my mistake was, I'm afraid...

> Next, you need to use compadd's -W option so that the -f option can find
> the right directory. Try something like the following to begin with:
> compadd -W $PWD/$IPREFIX -f - $IPREFIX*(/:t)

    That works perfectly, thanks a lot :) The only part I didn't
understand was the -W flag. I mean, the manual says this flag adds the
string to the WORDS, and I though that the process was:

    - compadd expands the pattern and build a list of words
    - compadd matches the words with the current word being completed
    - compadd produces a list of matches
    - the contents of -W is added to THAT list

    But if I understand correctly, the string that follows '-W' is
added *before* compadd does the matching, am I wrong?

> Hope that helps

    It *really* helps, thanks a lot, Oliver :)

    Only one more thing, abusing of you O:). I get a segfault under
4.0.9 (probably it is fixed in newer versions) if I do this:

    zle -C expand-or-complete expand-or-complete _completer

    function _completer () {

        emulate -L zsh

        setopt extendedglob globdots globassign null_glob

        compstate[insert]=${compstate[insert]//tab /}

        compadd -p 'A' -f - $PREFIX*(/)

        return 0
    }

    and I do something like 'cd A <TAB>'. Do you know why?

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736
http://www.dervishd.net & http://www.pleyades.net/