Re: Yes, another completion question

    Hi Bart :)

 * DervishD <zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> > I don't think there's any reason that compctl will disappear -- but it's
> > unlikely to get any bugfixes or further improvements, either.
>     I haven't found any bug in compctl yet, although I haven't been
> using it for a long time. Anyway, I've got a segfault with compadd...
> surely fixed in 4.1.x and higher.

    I don't know if it's a bug, but no matter if I try with a
function, a variable or a literal array I cannot get 'compctl -y' to
work. For example:

    function lista () {
        reply=(one two three)
    }

    compctl -f -y lista ls

    And 'ls <TAB>' doesn't show the list. In fact, it doesn't show
any list. Same result with

    compctl -f -y '(one two three)' ls

    and

    lista=(one two three)
    compctl -f -y '$lista' ls

    But this works:

    compctl -f -y '(one)' ls

    Shows 'one' instead of the list of completions, but nothing more :?

    Is this a known bug? I'm tempted with writing my own shell
functions for completions and using compsys (it is maintained after
all) but I'm afraid I lack the needed knowledge... Anyway.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736
http://www.dervishd.net & http://www.pleyades.net/