Re: UTF-8 basic handling

Hi François ;),

> As I understand from previous messages on zsh lists, there currently is a
> lack of UTF-8 support in zsh since nobody has enough time to code thinks.

I would like to do something to help adding UTF-8 support to zsh, but as
you said, time is short :(. Anyway i followed Oliver Kiddle advices and
started reading the source from some builtins (print), that would be a good
start point. I know what you want is UTF-8 support in zle, but i don't
know zsh well enough to start hacking in zle code ;).

> As all major linux distributions are getting UTF-8 based, one of the most

I see, most of them select a UTF-8 locale as a default, and you get
ugly problems like this one...

cheers,

--
David Gómez                                      Jabber ID: davidge@xxxxxxxxxx